Unable to set Crowdsec back up after removing and reinstalling

Hello, I was having trouble with Crowdsecs metabase dashboard because I couldn’t view it from any other computer other than the localhost. I uninstalled after trying some things and not being able to get it the way I wanted to, then reinstalled. Now, when I attempt to run crowdsec dashboard setup, I am getting this error: WARN[0000] Deprecation warning: the pid_dir config can be safely removed and is not required

Not exactly sure what it is telling me by this error, but I can’t find anything in the filesystem related to the pid_dir config. Please advise.

Hello, the pid_dir should be in your /etc/crowdsec/config.yaml. It just says that this option is deprecated and will not impact crowdsec from working.

Thanks for the reply, I was able to get it back up and running now. I am having another issue though. With Metabase’s dashboard, I’m unable to access it from any other computer on my internal network. I would like to be able to connect to the dashboard on my other computer in the building, how can I do this since Metabase is running through Docker?

Thanks,

Nolan

Hello,

I would suggest you to remove the dashboard with cscli dashboard remove and then you can setup the dashboard again but with the --listen 0.0.0.0 flag like:
cscli dashboard setup --listen 0.0.0.0

Awesome that worked, thanks so much for your help. One last thing I’ve been having trouble with if you would be able to guide me, upon reboot of the server, the Metabase webpage is not running, is this a bug or is there something I have to do to enable that?

Edit: I found out that it is cscli dashboard start, sorry to bother you!

Hello, yes this is normal. You have to start it again with cscli dashboard start.