Error while installing metabase Dashboard

Hi!
I just installed a fresh instance of crowdsec in an Ubuntu 20.04 alongside a Mastodon server.
I followed the steps to install like this:

curl -s https://packagecloud.io/install/repositories/crowdsec/crowdsec/script.deb.sh | sudo bash
sudo apt install crowdsec
sudo apt install crowdsec-firewall-bouncer-iptables

Up to this works great! I have access to the hub list, as well as the decision list just fine.

But when trying to install the dashboard:

sudo apt install docker.io
sudo cscli dashboard setup --listen 0.0.0.0 --port 3001

I had to use 3001 as port, as apparently the dashboard uses port 3000 and it’s being used by mastodon. I did this before without anyport and got the error.

But after changing the port I get this error:

WARN[19-11-2022 10:19:46 AM] You are using sqlite without WAL, this can have an impact of performance. If you do not store the database in a network share, set db_config.use_wal to true. Set explicitly to false to disable this warning.
WARN[19-11-2022 10:19:46 AM] You are using sqlite without WAL, this can have an impact of performance. If you do not store the database in a network share, set db_config.use_wal to true. Set explicitly to false to disable this warning.
? For metabase docker to be able to access SQLite file we need to add a new group called ‘crowdsec’ to the system, is it ok for you ? Yes
INFO[19-11-2022 10:19:48 AM] Pulling docker image metabase/metabase:v0.41.5

INFO[19-11-2022 10:19:59 AM] creating container ‘crowdsec-metabase’
INFO[19-11-2022 10:20:00 AM] waiting for metabase to be up (can take up to a minute)

FATA[19-11-2022 10:20:48 AM] update database: http error: map[dbname:/metabase-data/crowdsec.db (Permission denied) message:/metabase-data/crowdsec.db (Permission denied) valid:false]

Hey! It’s a known bug that surfaced in v1.4.2. You can see details on the issue as well as a workaround here: cscli dashboard setup doesn't work · Issue #1873 · crowdsecurity/crowdsec · GitHub. You’re welcome and thanks for being a CrowdSec user! We really appreciate it!

1 Like