Beginner Question

Hello, i have discover Crowdsec and did install it.

I used the wizard to choose what i want to monitor and installed some collections.
I want to use the nginx bouncer but i got the message that there is a problem with my nginx packages. It seems like the bouncer does not work with nginx 1.21.4.

Can i use another Bouncer to protect my nginx web server like a firewall bouncer or does this not work?

Hi @Steffen,

If you want we can try to understand to issue, you need to provide us the error you have.
Otherwise, you can install the firewall bouncer, you will be protected at the network level directly.

Thanks for the Answer. I did install the crowdsec-firewall-bouncer-iptables and it works thats great.

The error message i get when i try to install crowdsec-nginx-bouncer:

Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
nginx : Kollidiert mit: nginx-common aber 1.18.0-6.1 soll installiert werden
E: Fehler: Unterbrechungen durch pkgProblemResolver::Resolve hervorgerufen; dies könnte durch zurückgehaltene Pakete verursacht worden sein.

The message is in german language.
I did translate it with deepl:
The following packages have unfulfilled dependencies:
nginx : Conflicts with: nginx-common but 1.18.0-6.1 should be installed.
E: Error: interrupts caused by pkgProblemResolver::Resolve; this could be caused by held back packages.

Tell me witch info you need. Thanks for help.

Hi @Steffen

I don’t know the cause of your issue, but have a quick tip: instead of translating the messages from the OS, you can temporary change the locale in the context of the commands you run, so you can find better results on google searches:

$ LANGUAGE=fr ls lakjsdf 
ls: impossible d'accéder à 'lakjsdf': Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
$ LANGUAGE=en ls laskdjf
ls: cannot access 'laskdjf': No such file or directory

in your case, that would be “LANGUAGE=en apt install…”