[solved] Postfix and systemd journald acquire problem

Hello,

I try to use crowdsecurity/postfix-spam with systemd-journald.
The problem, I think, is that postfix and systemd journald is “complicated”:

$ sudo systemctl list-units --type=service | grep postfix
  postfix-mta-sts-resolver.service     loaded active running Provide MTA-STS policy map to Postfix
  postfix.service                      loaded active exited  Postfix Mail Transport Agent
  postfix@-.service                    loaded activ

$ sudo journalctl --unit=postfix
-- Journal begins at Thu 2022-09-29 19:15:01 CEST, ends at Thu 2022-09-29 19:43:50 CEST. --
-- No entries --

The postfix unit has different names in the log:

$ sudo journalctl --unit=postfix*
[...]
Sep 29 19:20:11 mail1 postfix/smtps/smtpd[969408]: xxx
Sep 29 19:20:26 mail1 postfix/cleanup[972330]: xxx
Sep 29 19:20:26 mail1 postfix/qmgr[1874]: xxx
Sep 29 19:20:27 mail1 postfix/smtp[976622]: xxx                                               
Sep 29 19:20:27 mail1 postfix/smtp[976622]: xxx                              

My acquis.yml config is:

source: journalctl
journalctl_filter:
  - "_SYSTEMD_UNIT=postfix"
labels:
  type: journald

But only 1 line is read (while a lot of new postfix log entries are added to journald):

$ sudo cscli metrics
INFO[29-09-2022 07:48:00 PM] Acquisition Metrics:                         
+---------------------------------------------+------------+--------------+----------------+------------------------+
|                   SOURCE                    | LINES READ | LINES PARSED | LINES UNPARSED | LINES POURED TO BUCKET |
+---------------------------------------------+------------+--------------+----------------+------------------------+
| journalctl:journalctl-_SYSTEMD_UNIT=postfix | 1          | -            | 1              | -                      |

this stays the same when using "_SYSTEMD_UNIT=postfix".

Debian Bullseye, crowdsec 1.4.1 from packagecloud, hub updated and upgraded → all current

Any hints on what to do? Thanks a lot!

source: journalctl
journalctl_filter:
  - "_SYSTEMD_UNIT=postfix@-.service"
labels:
  type: syslog

seems to have done the trick :smiley:
contrary to (at least my understanding of) the documentation “type: syslog” is needed and not “type journald”