Install with chosen community block filters

As a home user , I installed a the CrowdSec Mikrotik Bouncer, but this will add all the community block rules on my router’s firewall filter list , over 25000 rules, which is heavy burden to my router. I tried commenting out the online_client section in config.yaml and deleted all the community blocks cscli decisions delete --all, yeah, it works .
But , it seems that I can’t see any info on the web console, does this have to work with the Central API enabled or is there anyway for me to install the docker security engine with chosen community block filters?

Hmm if the maintainer can update the dependencies (mostly CrowdSec ones) you can use the scopes directives to filter down to local only decisions.

Edit: its seems they are not using our yaml unmarshler, so it wouldnt be that easy they would need to add some new env vars too.

Edit Edit: it seems unmaintained but I opened a PR to add the feature enhance: Update deps and add LAPI origin env var by LaurenceJJones · Pull Request #48 · funkolab/cs-mikrotik-bouncer · GitHub

1 Like

Thank you very much🙏

They merged and released!

So you should be able to do the following once you pulled the latest image:

version: '3.8'
services:
  bouncer-mikrotik:
    image: ghcr.io/funkolab/cs-mikrotik-bouncer:latest
    container_name: bouncer-mikrotik
    environment:
      CROWDSEC_BOUNCER_API_KEY: MyApiKey
      CROWDSEC_URL: "http://crowdsec:8080/"
      CROWDSEC_ORIGINS: "crowdsec cscli"
      MIKROTIK_HOST: "x.x.x.x:8728"
      MIKROTIK_USER: "api"
      MIKROTIK_PASS: "password"
    restart: unless-stopped

And then it will only pull local decisions, nothing from CAPI. Heres the following list:

crowdsec ## local decisions
cscli ## local decisions via `cscli`
CAPI ## Community deicisions
lists ## Blocklist subscriptions from console